Did you know that “Be Kind to Animals Week” has been celebrated since 1915 by American Humane? You can help the Atlanta Humane Society celebrate Be Kind to Animals by adopting that special someone. Even if you’re not ready to adopt you can still help the homeless pets in need by donating here.
Although Be Kind to Animals is celebrated only one week out of the year, you can help everyday.
Here’s how you can help –
- Be the voice for those who cannot speak for themselves. Learn about policies and legislations for the animals in your community and our country.
- Report animal cruelty by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1.800.282.5852, ext. 4914 or 404.656.4914
- Support your local wildlife. Set up a creative space in your yard for butterflies and/or birds.
- Adopt a shelter pet. Make sure your pet is spayed or neutered to prevent overpopulation.
- Take care of your family pet. Regular trips to your veterinarian to keep their vaccinations up-to-date and their health in check.
- Proper identification and microchipping can help your pet if they are ever separated from you. Need more information on microchipping? Please visit our site at www.atlantahumane.org/hospital/micro-chip.asp